Google

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Odds & Ends


I'm That Guy

An e-mailer asked if I'm the same guy from SmogCentral.com and if I will be updating my "Smog Dogs"? The answer is "Yes" I am the guy from the now defunct SmogCentral.com. That site went belly-up 'cause I didn't know how to market it. A blog is much easier to manage. And, yes, "Smog Dogs" will be updated in the near future.

Hey. Thanks, Mike!

A big thank-you goes out to Mike Nemeth of the Fresno Bee for mentioning California Smog Central in his blog the other day. Here is a link to Mike's blog.

Reader Email Bag

Q. Are there any cars you really hate?
A: Yes, read the next question.

Q. My 1988 Ford Festiva won't pass the Smog Check. It has high HC. I've replaced the catalytic converter, the spark plugs, spark plug wires and the oxygen sensor. But it still fails. What should I do?
A. Any attempt to repair this car will be for naught. As I've stated in the past, the Bureau of Automotive Repair knows these cars never ever pass the Smog Check. In fact, they launch an investigation when one does pass. Fortunately there are only a handful of these cars on the road. Actually, they're sitting on the side of the road, out of gas, expired tags and the cassette is stuck in the tape deck.

Happy Thanksgiving

More to come,
Bob

No comments: